Monday, October 29, 2007

Ministry in different settings

One of the questions I have really been pondering and analyzing since this CCC in San Diego, is in regards to how the needed changes in youth ministry would vary between small churches and large churches - if they would vary at all. I, personally, believe there would be some significant differences simply because the nature of those ministries are significantly different.

I am not sure I have any answers to my own question yet, but have really been examing these ideas. But something I want to throw out for discussion because I know we all come from different settings, and this could impact how much (or little) we need to change for effective Youth Ministry in the future!!!

1 comment:

Fitz said...

I think the main difference would be that in the smaller church - depending largely on the support from the higher-ups - changes would be made more easily because of the smallness of the ship. Whereas, in a larger ministry, you would be trying to turn a huge ship, one that appears to be floating along just fine, but underneath is leaking. It would be a significant work of taking everyone else down to the lower part of the ship to convince them that it is leaking.